The Family TRANSformations program is a support/resource group for parents and caregivers of youth (29 and under) who identify as trans or gender-expansive. The group will run for 8 weeks at our Ajax location (360 Bayly St. W., Unit 5). Participants are asked to commit to attending all 8 weeks of the group. Group members will have the chance to connect with other parents/families, as well as learn more about a variety of topics, including:
- Gender and gender expression
- Accessing resources
- Medical information about transitioning
- Helping youth to navigate stereotypes and discrimination
- Building community with other families
- The significance of family support for trans youth
Please call 905-428-1212 x2229 to register.